FOUNDING PARTNER AND
DIRECTOR OF LEGAL PRACTICE.
His work focuses on tax and commercial law, especially in local and international tax planning matters, including mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, associations, consortia and structured financing.
He has more than 15 years of experience in tax planning, international taxes, changes and corporate aspects in firms such as Deloitte (2010-2017) and Posse Herrera Ruiz (2005-2010). He has participated and supervised several tax advisory projects on compliance, planning and litigation issues in different private companies in multiple sectors.
Lawyer and specialist in tax law at the University of Rosario, a specialist in customs law at the University of the Externado, completed a master’s degree in international tax law (LL.M.) at the University of Florida USA and eventually developed his master’s degree in business administration (MBA) at the University of the Andes.
He is a postgraduate professor of infrastructure taxation at the Universidad Externado, taxation in international transactions at the University of Sabana, VAT at the Universidad Javeriana and income tax and tax planning at the Central University, lecturer in business forums and trainer for local courses.
- Jiménez Duarte Associates. Founding Partner and Director of Legal Practice. (2017 – present)
- Deloitte Advisors and Consultants Ltda. Manager – Tax & Legal. Bogota, Colombia (2010 – 2017)
- Posse Herrera & Ruiz Abogados. Senior Consultant – Tax Division. Bogota, Colombia. (2005 – 2010)
- Colombian Institute of Tax Law. Research Rapporteur. Bogota, Colombia. (2005)
- GrantThornton. Auditors – Consultants. Lawyer – Legal Services and Tax Division. (2004-2005)
- University of theAndes. Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA). Bogota, Colombia. (2011- 2013)
- BabsonUniversity. Entrepreneurship program. Boston, USA. (2013)
- University ofFlorida. Master’s Degree in International Taxes (LL.M.). Gainesville, Florida. United States. (2009)
- ExternalUniversity. Specialization in Customs Law. Bogota, Colombia (2008)
- Universidad del Rosario. Specialization in Tax Law. Bogota, Colombia (2006)
- Universidad del Rosario. Lawyer. Emphasis on Public Finance and Taxation. Bogota, Colombia (2004)
- JaverianaUniversity. Professor of Sales Tax. (2018 – Current).
- ExternalUniversity. Professor of taxation in the infrastructure of tax specialization. (2016- Current) and academic pair (2015).
- University of TheSavanna. Professor of taxation in international transactions of specialization in taxes. (2015-Current).
- CentralUniversity. Professor of income tax (2015- Current) and tax structuring (2015) of the Master’s Degree in Taxes. (2015 – 2018).
- Academic pair of the Colombian Institute of TaxLaw. (2015- Current).
- University ofPamplona. Part of the Creamos Colombia Project. (2016).
Distinctions and memberships
- Member of the Trade Lawyer’s Association (2018- Current)
- Member of the Center for Tax Studies of Antiquia (2017 – Current)
- Member of IFA. (2014- Current)
- MEMBER US Alumni (2010- Current)
- Member of the Colombian Institute of Tax Law. (2005 – Current)
- Colfuturo Scholarship. (2009)
- “Latin America Scholarship”. (2009)
- “Interpretation of Conventions to Avoid Double Taxation”. Book “Some income tax reflections and supplementary in Colombia”. Ed. External 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016.
- “Business Reorganizations and their Impact on Income Tax”. Book “Some income tax reflections and supplementary in Colombia”. Ed. External 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016.
- “Discount on taxes paid abroad and taxes from foreign entities.” book “Tax Reform”- Law 1739 of 2014. Ed. External 2015.
- “Commercial Fiducia in tax reform”. book “Tax Reform – Law 1607 of 2012”. Ed. External 2013.
- “Elimination of External Indebtedness Tax Benefits” Legis. 2011.
- “Capital Gains in Double Taxation Agreements”. Global Tax Law. Journal of the Latin American Institute of Tax Law. 2010.
We have worked on several projects of tax consulting on issues of compliance, planning and litigation in different private companies in multiple sectors, including mining, gas and petroleum, financial services, telecommunications, real estate, infrastructure, electricity and health.
Senior Manager Finance and Administration
❝ I have had the great opportunity to work with Oscar Jiménez for more than 15 years and has always been characterized by his great professionalism, honesty and fulfillment. With his broad experience, he has accompanied us in various business activities such as fiscal management, legal and tax planning, deferred income tax, intercompany capitalization, advice on capital restructuring, mergers and acquisitions among others. It has an excellent fluency in English-Spanish communication that makes Oscar an integral executive, whom I do not hesitate to give my best recommendations. ❞
Finance Director – Controller
TECH MAHINDRA COLOMBIA SAS
Colombia Country Controller
CFO – Controller
EF Education First
Regional Finance Manage – EF Education First